We are looking to fill some open positions on the WAPA board for the 2017-2018 season (fall-spring). We are looking for people who have energy to jump in and help us keep this organization great and help us make it even better. Here's what we have open or coming open:
1. Website editor -- we use a really easy to operate webpage. The website editor is responsible for updating and sprucing the website and for posting membership announcements. This position is open now. You can check it out here:
2. Communications and Social Media Coordinator -- This position opens in June and is responsible for all communications to the membership via emails from the website, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
3. Student representative(s) -- These are revolving positions and we are always recruiting for students from each of the local schools to serve as liaisons with your department and to help us plan and schedule WAPA Meetups (happy hours, book clubs, salons on special topics, etc.) around the area.
4. Career Coordinator(s)-- Are you currently job hunting? You can help yourself and other anthropologists by posting anything remotely anthropology-friendly to the jobs listserv, including job opportunities here and abroad (we love to travel), internships, grants and other opportunities. You can also help coordinate the speaker event that we do at least once a year focusing on supporting job and career skills training. This is usually good for 1-2 people.
5. Bloggers -- Do you love to blog? What better than to combine your love of blogging with our new blog, WAPA Features. I'll be taking over as editor and I'm looking for those who can blog about anything anthropology-related. It could be research you're thinking about or a random event you witnessed. It will be about WAPA events, speakers and books. It can be about current events with an anthropological eye. Anything goes.
If you're curious and want to know more about any of these positions, contact Fannie Norwood by email or by phone.