On November 16th, the National Association of Practicing Anthropologists (NAPA) and the AAA Office on Practicing and Applied Programs will host the Careers in Anthropology Exposition in the main Exhibit Hall from 11 am to 4 pm. NAPA and AAA are hosting the 7th Expo focused on providing a readily accessible opportunity for anthropologists to broaden their understanding of the important and creative opportunities for using their skills. The Expo features anthropologists who have made careers in the public, private, and non-profit sectors and will share the creative ways that anthropologists use their skills and highlight some of the many new and emerging careers open to professional anthropologists. The 2012 Expo will include:
- Instant mentoring by NAPA members
- A booth featuring members of the Ethnographic Praxis in Industry (EPIC) organization highlighting cutting edge careers
- Sixteen professional anthropologists representing such career paths as:
- Law enforcement
- Refugee migration and resettlement
- Public health
- Local government human services
- Cultural resources
- Corporate research
Navigators will be working with attendees to match their interests with those of participating professionals.
Each year hundreds of new and aspiring professional anthropologists, students, and the faculty who mentor students attend the Expo and find it an exciting and valuable opportunity.